Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Aubrey's a Big Girl!

Aubrey has now officially moved to her big girl room. She sleeps in a big girl bed. However, the transition was not necessarily made seamlessly!

This is a picture of her big girl room all done in bright pink, green, black, and white. Now that she doesnt' sleep in a crib, Aubrey has discovered she has the freedom to get out of bed on her own. Check out the next two pictures...

Aubrey's room before "nap time"

Aubrey's room after "nap time"
I thought Aubrey went down for a nap, so I decided to catch a few precious winks myself while Andrew was sleeping too. When Joe got home from work, I was still sleeping and Aubrey was wandering aroung the house. He asked where mommy was and Aubrey said, "Mommy nigh-night." She never went to sleep and had been wandering around the house by herself for a few hours. There was evidence of her activities all over. Oops! That's some good parenting for you! After that, during nap time we put up a gate so she couldn't get out of her room. I guess we can't force her to sleep, but at least she has quiet time in her room.

One night she had to sleep with her Barbie sunglasses.


Her four Elmo books have to be read every night. I think I have every word memorized. After we read them, she puts herself to sleep by reading them herself. Too precious!
These pictures are a few weeks old. Currently, she no longer likes sleeping in her toddler bed, so she just sleeps in the queen. We took the toddler one to the basement for storage. Also, we no longer have to put up the gate, she takes naps now and doesn't try to get out until we come and get her. I hear her saying, "Mommmmy, Mommmy" and I know she's ready to get up. We're so proud of her sleeping in a big girl bed. This, of course, means that the crib is available. Andrew has been sleeping in it for a few weeks now and is out of the pack and play in our room.






1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness how I can relate to this post!!! Abel will NOT stay in his bed at night! I wake up to the pitter patter of feet coming in our room! Her room looks so fun!!!